Sunday 11 December 2011

Baby blankie

Finally!! I just finished my niece's crocheted baby blanket 10' ago! :D And this is the exact reason why I wasn't able to blog this week. It's been quite cold in Melbourne these past few days and I have been taking advantage of it by crochet-ing. (I never knit or crochet when it's hot. I always feel really sweaty when the temperature rises above 26C and being around yarn makes me feel even worse!) 
Anyway, here are some pictures of my project:

The perfect yarn for baby blankets :)
(It's so nice and soft! And also available in many other colors!)

I have to admit; finding the perfect yarn was the hardest thing out of all. My baby niece has really sensitive skin, so I tried for something not too itchy, not too thick and of course; very very soft! And the yarn above was just the right thing for her! :)) 

This picture was taken earlier this evening. 
I made a mistake and couldn't find it. I was soo frustrated! >.<"

Why did I do a mistake? I was watching TV with my cousin while finishing off the baby blanket. The lesson I learnt? I can't multi-task when it comes to crocheting. And I don't think I'm gonna try that ever again. It took me 30' to find the stupid mistake and I had to take off 6 rows! Biggest drainer! 

And here it is! Finally finished! ^.^
(You can't see the pattern clearly here, so I posted another picture below)

Et voila! Ta-da!! 
Cute, huh? 

I know, It's not perfect. I really need to improve my crochet skills (can I even call it skills? I only know the basics!) but not too bad for a beginner, right? :)) I'm so proud of myself! This project is such a big accomplishment for me because usually; I get bored of things easily and I always give up.. Which is a habit i definitely need to change! 

Btw, how cute is my Hello Kitty? ^.^ I find her sooo cute! Don't you agree with me? :P I received it as a gift from my friends in Brisbane! And my Angry Birds too! My girls gave it to me for my birthday also. (Although I'm not a big fan of the game, I still like them very much! hehe) 

Anyway, It's 2am right now in Melbski. Sleeping time. Goodnight readers! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment