Saturday 17 December 2011

Little Girls' Patchwork Skirt

Guess what? Guess what? Guess what? =))) 
I've been learning how to sew these past two days and truthfully, i find it quite fun (and frustrating)! Anyway, I was looking through The Polkadotchair tutorials and I found this really cute iPad cover that I wanted to make but it was way too complicated! So i tried to find something easier. My friend told me to make a quilt for my niece but knowing myself, I would take forever to finish it + I prefer small projects over big ones :P (Big project takes forever and I hate leaving un-finished projects hanging somewhere in my room). Anyway, I then asked her whether the little girls' skirts she has been making was hard or not and she told me it was "very easy" so I took out some fabrics that I bought online the other day and started on my project. (I bought so much moda pre-cuts! Shipping usually takes 2-3 days but I hate waiting. So I just bought it all at once :D) 

Little Girls' Patchwork Skirt 
And this is all you need for this adorable skirt!
A moda charm square pack.
(Why Sherbet pips by Aneela Hoey? Bc I think it's perfect for a little girl!)

And of course, a wide elastic band for the waist, and approximately 50cm matching fabric!! (No more than $30!) This is also the reason why I love this design. It's easy once you get it, and you don't need to look around for different fabrics; etc! 

And here is the first step! 
All you need to do is set out your charm squares :D (Easy, right?) 
Oh, I totally forgot. Here is the tutorial for the skirt: Little Girls' Patchwork Skirt by The Polkadotchair ^.^

Anyway, now.. The final result! 
(I didn't take any pictures while making the skirt because I couldn't be bothered and I was way too frustrated to think about taking pictures! Lol)

And here it is!!!!! My very first sewing project! 
Size 4-6 years old. 
(I love it so much that I think i'm gonna make another one soon :D) 

Not too bad for a beginner, right? :D My sister-in-law told me sewing was very easy to learn! (I don't think she's quite right yet, but it's definitely easier than knitting!) She studied fashion & design before she was pregnant and designed extremely nice things so I think I'm gonna ask her for some help one day ;)) 

No comments:

Post a Comment